Wednesday 14 March 2012

A lot of thoughts

There was quite some time ago when I was here last time. It´s why this post is just a mix of different thoughts from the last days.

***
Waking up at 5:30 is like the hell for me, really. The bed is so comfortable, I just can´t leave it so early... Then from the morning till the evening with kids, all day long. At 9pm I´m so tired that I don´t know what is my name. Waking up, morning toilet, helping with cloths, going to the kindergarten, coming back, lunch, afternoon activities,  dinner, shower and sleeping. Every day the same.

About a dinner. Small kids (3-6 years) are little evils and just love checking where is your limit and what else they can do. They have a lot of ideas what they can do with the food and about different application of a fork. My empathy has to go to different level to convince a child to eat without spanish. Even if my cup of carrying is full is not easy.


***

On Saturday we went with children to the river. It was so dirty, but for kids it wasn´t a problem.The biggest problem (for me) was the sun. I´ve never been so burn in my life. I was red several times, but never so much. I spent in the bed 1,5 day, because I was totally unable to do anything. I changing the skinn like a snake, but I didn´t know that it hurts so much..

Since yesterday I´ve started my normal program here. The first month I will work with Cuna - the youngest children here (0-3 years). In this group there is a new girl, Gabriela. She is only 7 months old and has eyes like in anime. Apart her in this group there is also 7 other kids. They are so nice, but I still need spanish to do anything. Fortunately to Gabi I can talk in my own mix of polish, spanish and english :)


This place has the same problem like probably all orphanages in the world - too much toys, not enough carrying and people. There is almost 80 children here, so they need a discipline,   but sometimes I think they are too strict. For sure family atmosphere is missing.

***

I think that the activity agreement was a joke. According this document I suppose to work 7h per day, from Monday to Friday and in this time have also language course. I suppose to have my room, a mentor and place to work.  I´m working 14h per day and I don´t have spanish course at all, I´m sharing a room with 20 people and helping around where I´m needed. I start wondering if a voluntary program in the big city in Europe, with a flat with volunteers and free time wouldn´t be better. It definitely means that I have to start travelling.

***

My Gabi is so beautiful! I love her!

***

What I really don´t like here is a approach to toys. In the afternoon the tutor just throw all the toys from the big bad on the floor and then kids can do whatever they want. So they are throwing and destroying everything. Even if they have quite a lot expensive, educational toys they are broken. But how can I say that I don´t like it without spanish?

***

My beautiful princess. Why are some stupid teenagers touching her? I know how to feed her, and yes, it´s normal that she is not clean during the lunch, she is eating. And yes, I know how to bathe a baby, don´t worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment